Your Labor Day Eco-Friendly Party Checklist
Read time: 6mins
Eco-friendly decorations don’t have to be more expensive! On the contrary, have you ever thought of all the money you spent on single-use decorations? Invest in some items you will be able to reuse for other parties!
- Garlands from reusable materials (make your own or buy one you really like)
- Biodegradable confetti
- Succulents instead of fresh-cut flowers
- Include more (or only) vegetarian and plant-based options in the menu! From appetizers to the main meal to vegan desserts, you have plenty of options to reduce your meat and dairy consumption and the impact it has on the environment.
- Have a headcount of people attending your party and plan accordingly to avoid food waste
- Use GloveUp biodegradable gloves when cooking, handling, and serving food. Especially these days.
- Use a reusable fabric tablecloth that you can wash and reuse afterward
- Swap single-use plastic tableware with Plantry compostable trays, plates, bowls, and cutlery! They will look so much better and you can just throw them in the compost after they party. They only take 45 days to turn back into compost.
- Add a water station with glasses to avoid using water plastic bottles. You can even add some herbs or fruits to make fancy tasty flavored water. And add a few reusable straws next to it for your guests to use!
ONCE THE PARTY IS OVER
Send your guests home with leftovers to avoid wasting food. Our compostable containers are disposable and eco-friendly.
- Put your biodegradable tableware and cutlery in the compost
- Compost the rest of the food that can’t be save for the next days.
- Clean and store away all the decorations for next time